I have seen this going around and decided to do it myself! I thought it would be a fun thing to do for you all to get to know me a little more :)
- Dog-eared pages. If you wanna see me turn into a demon, do this to one of my books. I will get angry beyond belief. I no longer let people borrow my books for this reason. I would make them buy me a new book if they dog-eared my pages.
- Creased spines. I know this is impossible to not do with some books, but I still hate it! I read all my books very carefully so this doesn't happen.
- Unhappy Endings. Another thing that will turn me into a demon. I HATE HATE HATE unhappy endings. I realize that most things in life don't get happy endings, but why would I want to read about more unhappiness when there is so much of in the world already. I read to escape life and I want my readings to be happy!
- I would do the coloring a little different here, but I love the actual spacing. It looks so comfy and would be the perfect reading spot! I would have it probably browns with some pinks or teals and have beautiful twinkle lights with paper lanterns on the roof above me. I like the sides below so I can still have my nice warm cup of tea with me too!
3) Three Book Confessions
- I have never read anything by Jane Austen. I know so many people love her and I promise I will get to her one day. I just tend to not like classics. Anything I had to read in school that was a classic, I hated. So now I have a fear of classics. I am going to start forcing myself to read so many a year though. I need to appreciate what they created :)
- I have never read The Lord of the Rings Series. I will admit here that I do own the series. I have then in a bind up that I bought for my boyfriend. I also have it in little leather bound covers. I just know the books are long and drawn out so I've been afraid I won't like the series that everyone loves so much. I will be reading it in the year 2017 though and I hope so much that I love it!
- I judge a lot of books by their covers. I can't help it. If I see a beautiful cover, I am more willing to look into it and see what it is about. If the cover is bland and boring I tend to skip over it without even giving it a chance. I am working on it though. Some authors just don't understand cover art, but they write beautiful stories.
4) When was the last time you cried reading a book?
- Oh Gosh. Um...I would have to say Harry Potter. I re-read it back in August/September and I always cry with Hedwig and of course all the deaths at the Battle of Hogwarts scene.
5) How many books are on your bedside table?
- I am a neat freak. So honestly I only have the one book I am reading. All my other books are always sitting snug and happy on their shelves.
6) What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
- I tend to not eat much when I read. If I need to eat I usually put the book down and watch a YouTube video while I eat, then I put everything away and go back to my reading. I guess I'm worried about getting food smudges in my beautiful books! I do have tea near me at all times while I read though! I have a bad habit of letting it get cold though :(
7) Name three books you would recommend for others to read.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I don't think this really needs any explanation. It's Harry Frickin' Potter!!
- The Saven Series by Siobhan Davis. This is one of the best book series I have ever read. I'm not kidding. She is a very talented author and isn't the typical stuck up one either. She talks to her fans and gets to know them. She writes lots of sci-fi dystopian romances but she is branching out of that to some NA books now too :)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. This series is wonderful, I think it is good for anyone to read, especially book 5. It makes you look at your life in a new way and appreciate what you have and not worry about what you don't.
8) Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
9) Write how much books mean to you in three words.
- Saved My Life. Without my books, I don't know what I would have done. They have helped me through times that even therapy couldn't help. Now if I have anything going on in my life, I use my books to help get me through. If it's a really bad time, I pick up Harry Potter. I don't think there is anything in my life that Harry can't help me with.
10) What is your biggest reading secret?
- I have WAY more unread books on my shelf than read. I can't help it. I tend to buy like 5 books to every 1 book I read. Then I also have my kindle that I have a huge amount of unread books on, I think I was at 182 the last time I turned it on. Now that I am not working for a while though, I should be able to catch up since I won't be able to buy out all the stores anymore!
I am not going to tag anyone specific to do this, I'm just gonna say anyone that wants to do it, copy the questions and put it up on your blog! Please leave the link to yours in the comments if you do this post!